BCACG would like to welcome Skip Triplett as Chair of the provincial government’s review of gaming grants. The website for the review is here, and the government’s media release is here (it includes a bio for Mr. Triplett).
We hope for a productive relationship with Mr. Triplett. Our main hope of course is that the review results in a recommendation to provide an equitable share of gaming revenues to BC’s charities and non-profits, and to restore eligibility to those groups edged out of gaming funding. We also seek interim funding to bridge the funding gap, since many organizations are on the brink of folding.
Please read the review’s terms of reference and give us your feedback either in the comments or by emailing Susan Marsden at the email address on the sidebar.
We will update you as regularly as we can.
The terms of reference of the Review are as follows:
* Review existing legislation governing community gaming grant funding
* Conduct public-oral consultations in up to 14 communities in BC
* Receive and review written and social media submissions
* Review and provide options for a funding formula
* Review and provide options for criteria/eligibility for
community gaming grants
* Review and provide options for a multi-year funding model
* Review and provide options regarding the processes involved with
applying for and receive community gaming grants and,
* Provide options for the future role of government in community